Yikes! These pictures have been sitting here *too long*, waiting for me to tell you all about the adorable darling in them, losing her first teeth.
Her two bottom teeth have boon loose for a LONG time, like over a month, and she's been faithfully wiggling them *hard*, and keeping me in a regular fit of the willies, as loose teeth are one of the things I just can't stand.
Every few nights, at bedtime, I would need to reassure her again that they *will* come out, when they're ready. I think that since Noah's and Say-Jal's are coming out fast and furious, she thinks hers ought to be too, and she doesn't calculate in that year or two between them.
She hasn't been squeamish or fearful at all, and there's been a few times she would bring Jeff the dental floss and ask him to tie it around the loose tooth and yank on it, but it just wouldn't come. (I'm not sure just how hard Jeff tried (0; )
Finally, one day, one of them gave in to her determined wiggling and plopped right out at the dinner table. THAT was an exciting meal! She was soooo happy.
Of course, it was only a few hours until she began worrying about when the other one would come, and working hard on it. It succumbed a few days later, and she came to me after she'd been tucked into bed with it in her hand, smiling as hard as she could.
Now, the permanent ones are already making their jagged appearance, and I'm asked once or twice a day, "Can you see them now?" "How about now?" as she tries different smiles and grimaces.
Won't be long til there's another loose one and we begin again... :0)
Her two bottom teeth have boon loose for a LONG time, like over a month, and she's been faithfully wiggling them *hard*, and keeping me in a regular fit of the willies, as loose teeth are one of the things I just can't stand.
Every few nights, at bedtime, I would need to reassure her again that they *will* come out, when they're ready. I think that since Noah's and Say-Jal's are coming out fast and furious, she thinks hers ought to be too, and she doesn't calculate in that year or two between them.
She hasn't been squeamish or fearful at all, and there's been a few times she would bring Jeff the dental floss and ask him to tie it around the loose tooth and yank on it, but it just wouldn't come. (I'm not sure just how hard Jeff tried (0; )
Finally, one day, one of them gave in to her determined wiggling and plopped right out at the dinner table. THAT was an exciting meal! She was soooo happy.
Of course, it was only a few hours until she began worrying about when the other one would come, and working hard on it. It succumbed a few days later, and she came to me after she'd been tucked into bed with it in her hand, smiling as hard as she could.
Now, the permanent ones are already making their jagged appearance, and I'm asked once or twice a day, "Can you see them now?" "How about now?" as she tries different smiles and grimaces.
Won't be long til there's another loose one and we begin again... :0)
No comments:
Post a Comment